And in this particular occasion, not only I can write about the books I’ve read, but also about the one I’ve written. But let’s start with the books I’ve read: in the technical category, these are the ones I’ve enjoyed in 2012 (in no particular order):
- What is Node?, by Brett McLaughlin
- Test Driving iOS Development with Kiwi, by Daniel Steinberg
- Test-Driven iOS Development, by Graham Lee
- Publishing with iBooks Author, by Nellie McKesson, Adam Witwer
- tmux: Productive Mouse-Free Development, by Brian P. Hogan
- Programming in Lua, Second Edition, by Roberto Ierusalimschy
In the non-technical category:
- Inside Apple: How America’s Most Admired–and Secretive–Company Really Works, by Adam Lashinsky
- Griftopia, by Matt Taibbi
- The Elements of Style, by William Strunk Jr.
- Einstein, by Walter Isaacson
- What I Talk About When I Talk About Running, by Haruki Murakami
- Graphic Design: The New Basics, by Ellen Lupton and Jennifer Cole Phillips
PS: I say this is the first… because the second will be published very soon :) stay tuned for more news.