You might remember my beloved mantras: learning a new programming language and reading at least 6 relevant books every year. Following the 2007 edition, here’s the list of the 8 books I have enjoyed most in 2008, ordered by a purely subjective and absolutely irrational decreasing preference. I strongly recommend all of them!
And 6 more:
- Software Estimation: Demystifying the Black Art by Steve McConnell
- Modern C++ Design: Generic Programming and Design Patterns Applied by Andrei Alexandrescu
- It’s Not How Good You Are, It’s How Good You Want to Be by Paul Arden
- RESTful Web Services by Leonard Richardson and Sam Ruby
- Programming Collective Intelligence: Building Smart Web 2.0 Applications by Toby Segaran